How Do I File a Claim After a Hit & Run Accident in Wisconsin?

Were you recently involved in a hit and run? If so, you may be wondering what steps you can take to recover the level of compensation that you deserve.
While you would typically file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, this would not be possible if the other driver fled the scene.


Fortunately, uninsured motorist coverage is mandatory in Wisconsin. This type of insurance was primarily designed to protect you in the event that you are involved in a car accident with an uninsured driver, but what you may not realize is that it also applies to hit and run accidents.

Depending on the extent of the damage, you can file an uninsured motorist claim for the cost of your:

  • Medical bills
  • Lost income
  • Car repairs
  • Ambulance fees

Sounds simple enough right? Despite the fact that your insurance company may be legally obligated to reimburse you for these expenses, it usually won’t stop them from offering you an unfair settlement, delaying your claim or even flat out denying you compensation.

For this reason, it may be in your best interest to retain the help of a Milwaukee personal injury lawyer from Welcenbach Law Offices, S.C. when pursuing a claim of this nature. Our firm has been defending clients’ rights for more than six decades combined, so you can trust that we have the experience and skill to successfully represent you.

Give us a call today at (414) 375-9133 or fill out a free case evaluation form online to find out how our Milwaukee Car Accident Lawyers can assist you.

Author Bio

Robert J. Welcenbach Robert Welcenbach is an Owner and Partner at Welcenbach Injury Law, a family-owned personal injury law firm in Milwaukee, WI. With more than 24 years of experience practicing law, he seeks justice for clients in a wide range of legal areas, including car accidents, class actions, dog bites, nursing home abuse, and other personal injury matters.

Robert received his Juris Doctor from the Marquette University Law School and is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin. He has received numerous accolades for his work, including being nominated and selected as a Milwaukee Personal Injury and Class Action Super Lawyer every year since 2008.

Facebook | State Bar Association | Avvo | Google