Robert J. Welcenbach
Robert J. Welcenbach was nominated and selected by the legal community as a Milwaukee Personal Injury Super Lawyer every year from 2008 through 2019.
Robert J. Welcenbach specializes in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, semi-truck accidents, auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, consumer class actions, and civil litigation. Bob enjoys being able to work alongside his father to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
Robert is frequently asked to present to other trial lawyers on topics of personal injury and civil litigation. He has presented for the State Bar of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Bar Association, and NBI on numerous occasions.
Robert has tried numerous jury and court trials, has prosecuted several appeals in Wisconsin and Federal Court, and has argued before the Wisconsin Supreme Court on three occasions over his career.
Robert has recently focused on consumer violations and represents victims who have suffered financial and emotional harm due to corporate misconduct. He currently serves as class counsel in several class action cases.
In 2012, Robert was one of 50 lawyers from across the country who was invited to attend the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming. Robert spent a month learning from some of the best lawyers in the country, including the founder of the Trial College, famous attorney Gerry Spence. Robert continues to work with lawyers from the Trial College and he leads the local working group in Wisconsin where lawyers get together to help each other with their cases.
He is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and all state courts in Wisconsin. He is a member of the Wisconsin State Bar, Milwaukee Bar Association, Waukesha Bar Association, and the Wisconsin Association of Trial Lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Consumer Violations
- Consumer Class Actions
- Truck Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Slip and Falls
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Law Review: Marquette Law Review
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College
- 2012 Three Week Course Graduate
- University of Wisconsin, Madison – B.A.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
Professionals Associations and Memberships
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Waukesha Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- Elected Board Member 2016
- American Association of Association
- Elected AAJ State Delegate for the State of Wisconsin
Outside of work, primarily enjoys spending time with his wife and two girls. Robert was born and raised in Milwaukee and graduated from Wauwatosa East High School where he played on the State Championship Soccer team. He enjoys extreme skiing and martial arts and holds a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Robert has also competed in several triathlons and other races.
Below are just a few of the cases where he prevailed for his clients
- Successfully argued a class action case to the Wisconsin Supreme Court that healthcare providers and their business associates had illegally charged fees for patient medical records under Wis. Stat. 146.83.
- Successfully argued to have the theft of contractor law apply to the installation of computer cabling before the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
- Successfully argued to overturn the equitable parent doctrine before the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
- Obtained a $9,098,251.28 judgment in a wrongful death case on behalf of an estate and minor children.
- Recovered after verdict $2.4 million dollars for a client rear-ended by a commercial truck.
- Recovered over $1.3 million dollars for the children of a wrongful death victim.
- Successfully argued to the Wisconsin Tax Appeal Commission to exempt the transfer tax on a building worth $31 million dollars from an existing corporation to a newly developed special-purpose bankruptcy-remote entity.
- Successfully tried an over-assessment of real estate tax case for a client in which the Court reduced the value of a golf course by over $5 million dollars thereby recouping over $170,000.00 in back taxes.
Named as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association
Lawyer Robert Welcenbach | Top Attorney Personal Injury