Robert J. Welcenbach
Robert J. Welcenbach was nominated and selected by the legal community as a Milwaukee Personal Injury Super Lawyer every year from 2008 through 2018.
Mr. Welcenbach specializes in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, semi truck accidents, auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, business litigation, and probate litigation. Bob enjoys being able to work alongside his father to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
He is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and all state courts in Wisconsin. He is a member of the Wisconsin State Bar, Milwaukee Bar Association, Waukesha Bar Association and the Wisconsin Association of Trial Lawyers.
Robert has tried numerous jury and court trials, has prosecuted several appeals in Wisconsin and Federal Court, and has argued before the Wisconsin Supreme Court on three occasions over his career.
Robert currently serves as class counsel in Moya v. Healthport Technologies. In 2017, Robert prevailed in the Wisconsin Supreme Court in this class action lawsuit he brought on behalf of his client against Healthport Technologies. Robert sued Healthport in 2013 and alleged that they had been overcharging Wisconsin citizens to obtain their own certified medical records. The Wisconsin Supreme Court agreed and declared the charges were illegal. Healthport now faces having to refund the illegal fees plus $25,000.00 exemplary damages per violation. (Read more)
In 2012, Robert was one of 50 lawyers from across the country who was invited to attend the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming. Robert spent a month learning from some of the best lawyers in the country, including the founder of the Trial College, famous attorney Gerry Spence. Robert continues to work with lawyers from the Trial College and he leads the local working group in Wisconsin where lawyers get together to help each other with their cases.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Consumer Class Actions
- Truck Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Slip and Falls
- Probate Litigation
- Trust Litigation
- Power of Attorney Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Law Review: Marquette Law Review
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College
- 2012 Three Week Course Graduate
- University of Wisconsin, Madison – B.A.
90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
Professionals Associations and Memberships
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Waukesha Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- Elected Board Member 2016
- American Association of Association
- Elected AAJ State Delegate for the State of Wisconsin
Outside of work, primarily enjoys spending time with his wife and two girls ages 3 and 5. Robert was born and raised in Milwaukee and graduated from Wauwatosa East High School where he played on the State Championship Soccer team. He enjoys extreme skiing and martial arts and holds a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and Hap Ki Do. Robert has also competed in several triathlons and other races.
Below are just a few of the cases where he successfully recovered losses for his clients
- Obtained a $9,098,251.28 judgment in a wrongful death case on behalf of an estate and minor children.
- Successfully argued to have the theft of contractor law apply to the installation of computer cabling before the Supreme Court of Wisconsin.
- Helped recover over $1.3 million dollars for the children of a wrongful death victim.
- Successfully argued to the Wisconsin Tax Appeal Commission for a tax exemption of a transfer tax on a building worth $31 million dollars from an existing corporation to a newly developed special purpose bankruptcy remote entity.
- Successfully tried an over assessment of real estate tax case for a client in which the Court reduced the value of the property by over $5 million dollars thereby recouping over $170,000.00 in taxes.
Named as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association
Lawyer Robert Welcenbach | Top Attorney Personal Injury