Milwaukee Wisconsin Consumer Violation Attorneys
At Welcenbach Law Offices, we help victims of consumer violations.
We have experience in helping people who were injured due to a creditor's violation of consumer protection laws including the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and Wisconsin Consumer Act.
We help people with the following situations:
A debt collector or company is collecting from me and I do not own the money because I'm the wrong person.
A debt collector or company is collecting from me and I do not own the money because the debt was already settled, paid or discharged in bankruptcy.
I filed bankruptcy and after bankruptcy a company or debt collector is:
Sending collection letters on a debt I discharged.
- Sending notices related to a house debt that I discharged in bankruptcy demanding payment of money.
- Making phone calls trying to collect on debt I discharged.
- Reporting discharged debt on my credit report.
A company is illegally checking my credit report.
The only permissible purposes of checking a credit report are:
- Review of an existing account.
- In connection with an unsolicited firm offer of credit.
- As part of an application for credit.
A debt collector or company is making unwanted calls to my cell phone including robo-calls trying to collect debt.
My bank or credit union took money from a checking or savings account to pay a credit card late fee, over limit fee, or for another reason.